Syndie 1.0 alpha criteria: "good enough to get feedback from hackers and zealots"
- Contains the graphical Syndie user interface and embedded text interface
- Support all types of Syndie forums, text and HTML pages, web rips,
HTTP syndication, Freenet 0.7 hosted archives, and include an integrated HTTP
Syndie 1.0 beta criteria: "good enough to get feedback from potential target users"
- bug stomping is less frequent
- functionality exists for main use cases
- all screens in the main use cases having received usability treatment
- all screens in the main use cases having received accessibility treatment
- performance is sufficient
- provide a translation guide & ship with translation tools
- "todo:" lines in the code are addressed or deferred
Syndie 1.0 live criteria: "good enough to use"
- no critical bugs
- feedback from beta testers integrated
- slick web site, tutorials, documentation, etc
Features deferred for 2.0:
- p2p syndication
- email syndication (mixmaster/mixminion integration?)
- usenet syndication
- full text search (lucene integration)
- robust archive management
- full database encryption (logs, data, backups, scripts, etc, not just keys)